Code-Behind Files not displaying

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2008 at 6:18 PM
In the off chance that this extremely helpful tool gets an update, I'd like to suggest that code-behind files should be displayed in the list of files.

For example, and this might only apply to web projects, if I have an .aspx page called index.aspx, with a code-behind file of index.aspx.cs, the latter file does not appear at all in the Flat Solution Explorer. I would very much like it to, since I often like to avoid opening the aspx file first, because Visual Studio isn't terribly fast at opening those files.

Thanks.
Developer
Feb 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM
The good news is that I've moved to a team that does c# and the lack of this is really bugging me. It'll get there, it's just a question of when (we're expecting a new baby soon, busy times).

Moskie wrote:
In the off chance that this extremely helpful tool gets an update, I'd like to suggest that code-behind files should be displayed in the list of files.

For example, and this might only apply to web projects, if I have an .aspx page called index.aspx, with a code-behind file of index.aspx.cs, the latter file does not appear at all in the Flat Solution Explorer. I would very much like it to, since I often like to avoid opening the aspx file first, because Visual Studio isn't terribly fast at opening those files.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2008 at 7:04 PM
I have a fix ready for this bug. Should be uploaded soon.