Useful Features

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:17 PM
It appears that when I type in foo, it only shows files that start with foo or are below a directory named foo.

It also appears that regular expressions are not supported.

It would be useful to be able to find files that contain the text foo but don't necessarily start with foo. There are times when I know that the file name contains foo but don't know if foo is at the beginning of the file name or in the middle.

It would also be useful if regular expressions (or globbing) was supported. Then I could type *View.cs and see all my view code.

Thanks for creating this awesome tool!
Developer
Mar 26, 2008 at 6:03 AM
I did the work to support some simple wildcarding, but we haven't pushed out a build since then. If you do a local build you already have what you're looking for. I'll try to find some time to do some work here soon.

timjstewart wrote:
It appears that when I type in foo, it only shows files that start with foo or are below a directory named foo.

It also appears that regular expressions are not supported.

It would be useful to be able to find files that contain the text foo but don't necessarily start with foo. There are times when I know that the file name contains foo but don't know if foo is at the beginning of the file name or in the middle.

It would also be useful if regular expressions (or globbing) was supported. Then I could type *View.cs and see all my view code.

Thanks for creating this awesome tool!